Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Honest Look

Take an honest look inside your heart. Is Christ at the center of your affections? Is He the Sun around which all the planets of your life revolve? How often do you get caught up in the things of this world and just live moment by moment. Does it feel like a rollercoaster? Some days you wake up


eager to serve Him and do the right thing and on others, it's always the last thing on your mind?

When you go to bed at night and you think back through all of you actions of the day, how many were dictated by your love of Him and your reliance on His grace, or how many were just plain and simply for you?

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being "Christ is not at the center, my ways wander," to 10 being "Christ is at the center, I try to follow all His ways,"
What number are you. Really.
Yes there will always be fluctuations, but what is your overall desire?

Psalm 51:10
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.

Psalm 86:11-13
Teach me your way, O Lord,
that I may walk in your truth;
unite my heart to fear your name.
I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart,
and I will glorify your name forever.
For great is your steadfast love toward me;
you have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.

Matthew 26:41
"Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

No comments:

Post a Comment